I love Christmas music. I've tried to add a little to my Christmas music library every year. When you buy a new CD, you take a risk. Some are wonderful. Some are not so good. Winterlude was one of the best with it's mystic, almost enchanting, arrangements of familiar Christmas melodies. The Tallin Choir's Handel's Messiah was awful...I should have paid the higher price for MoTab. I know Karma, Mariah and Papa all really like Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I don't mind them but I don't love them like you do.
In addition to the wonderful music, there is the food! English Toffee and fudge...cookies...pies. Then there are all the decorations....the towns light up in recognition, though I don't think it's all to recognize the real meaning of Christmas. And the beautiful packages piled up, hoping to please the recipient. This year, you can expect a gift card! Especially if most of us are traveling. Gift cards travel well!
The best part is family. I miss you all so much that I play that elf video over and over. Somehow it seems almost real and makes me smile at you. I hope you are all praying for the weather to let us travel safely so we can be together this Christmas. I have new snow tires on my car, but want the help of heaven to get us to St. Louis and back again. Love, Mom
Friday, December 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment