Monday, December 10, 2007

Priceless

I wore a scarf today at work that I think Papa put in my stocking 2 or 3 years ago. Im pretty sure he got it at the dollar store. I havent counted but a lot of ladies have commented on how cute it is.

I wore some pants to work that I got on clearance at target 3 or 4 years ago. Im pretty sure I didnt pay more than $8 for these slacks. I get compliments on them and people tell me how cute they are.

I have some gloves I got for $8 at the store where you get everything discoutned. I get compliments on how cute they are often.

Ive tried dressing up, wearing fashionable clothes, by wearing jeans that are brand new, a shirt that has no stains and wasnt on sale, and make up...And nothing. No one says a thing.

Fashion and paying full price is over rated.

I get more compliments when I dont try, and I am all me.
Plain, cheap, poor, simple ME.
I like it that way.
And when I get the compliments, I smile at them with my 100% natural smile.
It wasnt molded, and it definately wasnt $3000.
And I get compliments on that too...
-Riah

No comments: