Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Old Memory

Talking about cute second hand clothes reminds me of something.....

It was in Denver. It was between being pregnant with Melody and Karma so I was about 26. The DAV (Disabled American Vet Thrift Store) was my favorite second hand store and there I found a really cute top. It was torquoise with a tiny cream print. It had a v-neck with cream color lace trim around the neck and down the front that laced up...and had puffed sleeves and was about as long as my waist. I wore it with a pair of cream colored shorts that were pretty short and showed a lot of leg.

One day, wearing this outfit, I was in King Soopers, the big grocery store in Colorado where they all had the mechanical horse to ride for a penny. I didn' have a cart, or a baby. I was just standing in an isle looking at something. This big, black, smelly man came up to me and said I was cute and he wanted to be my boyfriend. I was sure I was safe when I told him I was married, but he persisted, "Don't you want a boyfriend? I'm a good boyfriend. You are just too cute and I want to be your boyfriend." and on and on he went. After a while and many refusals, he finally left me alone. It was a bit scary. Now I think my appearance was provacative and though it didn't attract the kind of man I found appealing, I realize that the way women dress affects men, one way or another and I didn't mean to, but I was asking for trouble. ~Hot Momma

No comments: